Sydney Turf Club
Sydney Turf Club
Golden Slipper Festival Visitor Research
Context: The Golden Slipper is one of Australia’s premier race carnivals. The Sydney Turf Club contracted Micromex Research to assist in attaining a better understanding of visitors to the Carnival.
Objectives: The primary objectives of this research were:
- Identifying attendance/non attendance characteristics
- Identifying the key drivers for visitor attendance
- Better understanding the value that visitors derived from attending
- Analysing the STC’s/events’ branding
- Identifying the perceived target market for the event and the visitors’ perceptions of their fit within this profile
- Identifying the gaps between the visitors’ ‘current race day experiences’ and ‘ideal race day experiences’
- Improving the targeting of marketing communications to increase visitation
- Identifying additions to the event that would make visitation more valuable
- Developing a demographic snapshot of attendees and identifying demographic trends that may impact on visitation
Challenge: Interviewing visitors as they exit a racecourse is not an ideal methodology in which to get quality information. Visitors were therefore recruited as they entered the racecourse and conducted an online survey 3 days after their trip to the races.
Methodologies: In depth face to face interviews, online research and focus groups were utilised for this study.
Examples of other research Micromex has conducted for the Sydney Turf Club:
- Member and non member research
- Visitor tracking studies
- Competitive analysis
Let's talk about helping you reach your target market...
10/1 Bounty Close
Tuggerah NSW 2259
PO Box 5059
Chittaway Bay NSW 2261